Friday, September 3, 2010


As I have mentioned before, I LOVE maxi dress in summer. This year will be no exception. I usually only have one or two in my wardrobe and will wear them to death (literally, until they fall apart at the seams), but this year I am planning to completely revamp my summer wardrobe. I hope to fill it with weather appropriate maxi dresses and skirts, to be worn with my way over-posted about clogs or cute sandals...


(from here)

I am craving the maxi skirts like this one, and the middle dress both from the Valerie Tolosa spring summer 2010 collection. The fitted top and floaty bottoms is the look I hope to pull off , as I think a baby doll or very loose maxi is not especially flattering. Particully on pear shaped women!

(from here)

I must admit I am not a huge fan of the cropped denim jacket, I find it a bit boxy on me. The idea of a fitted blazer with a soft jersey dress is genius though, I love the way it drapes and flatters the figure! The back detail on the middle dress is also beautiful, I just can't go past a good back detail...




3 comments:

  1. I'm loving this look right now too.
    I find that some of them look terrible on me though, they cling to my saddle bags. On the up side I've got one already that suits my shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that first middle blue dress and would also love a skirt like in the first outfit. Im getting way too excited about the warmer weather. Just today I bought another dress and summer hat :)

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the idea of swanning around swathed in yards of fabric...never turns out quite how I imagined it though. Love some of these ideas though

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive