Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Works in progress.



Here's the DIY so far. I made ribbon "flowers" by hand sewing wide running stitch along one side, I then pulled on one end to gather it all together in a rosette and stitched the two ribbon ends together. Once I had a wee pile of these, complete with seed beads sewn into the centre, I started to put things together!
The "leaves" are made by using blanket stitch to sew two pieces of felt together, and the "veins" with  running stitch. I have made all the corsages for the grooms party and my dad, and am now using the pieces from the top picture to make some hairpieces for my bridesmaids....


From here.

from here.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping your family in NZ are all safe! I cant believe just how terrible the earthquake is. What is this world coming to - the floods, the cyclone here and then this.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I can't wait to see the end result for this :) Have you found a wedding photographer yet?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive