Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wish upon a star....

I just adore this dress. I have had an identical one, but white on my wish list for ages...taunting me. The only thing putting me off is the length, as both these dresses would end at the rather unflattering mid-calf  area, which would probably mean I wouldn't wear it? I have thought about taking the length up through the waist, but then I think it would sit funny. So, if anyone out there is shorter than me and looking for a "sailor" themed dress, then this one is looking for a home!




At only $18 this is a steal, and if the postage is reasonable then I think it will find its way into my closet! Wool, with a fake fur collar and lining it is sure to keep me toasty this winter, and it has enough length in the arms to actually COVER my wrists...an ongoing issue I have with coats.






I just can't get over the colour of this dress, I love it! It is currently top of the list of "possible dresses to wear to Shirley's wedding". The dress I got off Etsy a few weeks back turned out to be too short, but is otherwise perfect, I almost cried when I realised. A minimum of 60 inches is required to cover this girl properly!
Unfortunately this dress is only 55 inches long....but it looks like it has a decent hem on it...or maybe I could add extra contrast fabric at the bottom and make a matching sash? Is bright yellow too much for a wedding? What do you guys think?



This wool jacket has also caught my eye, I was seconds away from buying it the other night.....pastel plaid with three quarter length puff sleeves and a "flutter" at the waist? Sign me up! I am just waiting for some extra measurements and then it may also find its way into my closet...






Do I need an antique puzzle map of the United States? Quite possibly not, but I still have it in my favourites!







Meet number two on the "possible dresses to wear to Shirley's wedding" list.
At $50 with postage its a bit more than I am wanting to pay for a dress that may not be right. I am still a bit nervous ordering anything off the internet.....
If only I could try it on, because then I would happily fork out the money, as it has an awesome back detail!







And, just to prove that I do ACTUALLY buy things off Etsy, not just keep an ever expanding wish list, here is a pattern that is on its way to me. I thrifted the perfect material to make the long version of this dress a few weeks back, an amazing inky blue colour...

So that's all for now, I will keep you updated on weather or not I purchase any of these goodies! And I intend to take pictures of the dress I got a few weeks back too, because even though it is too short, it is lovely.....

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, my wishlist is much the same!
    Most of them are definitely fantasy items that I will never ever buy, but I like looking at the prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, that yellow dress slays me!

    I just wanted to pop over and thank you for entering the giveaway for my Karma Cards on Lady Smaggle's blog. We've got a few sets left if you're still keen! (cough, shameless self-promotion, cough) ;D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive