Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mellow yellow


I love this room! from here.

 
 
Beautiful bed from here.
 
 Over the holidays I stumbled across a great book at my parents place, an interior design book from the 80's. Alot of the pictures were only good for a laugh, but there was one particular picture that has burned itself into my brain. I wish I could have put it up here to show you, but i'm not that clever!
It was of a large bedroom, with cream walls and wooden floors. There was only two pieces of furniture, a bed and a small wooden table. The thing that really caught my eye was the bed, which was heaped with linen and pillows in differnt shades of yellow. Now that we are back in our flat I am attempting to make my bed yellow, by dyeing an old bedspread. It seems to be impossible to buy a yellow duvet, so its DIY for me!
Hope to show you photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive